Tuesday 6 September 2011

long island inspirations


our 5 day stay in the Hamptons turned into a 12 day stay due to being caught up in hurricane Irene
my uncles wife Victoria taught me how to paper piece and let me have fun in her studio, thanks V!
These are from Carol Doak's book on paper piecing quilt blocks
looking forwards to using them as accents in a quilt as I am too lazy to make 100s of them!
My daughter was choosing her favourite block here



we had a great holiday, first the calm before the storm....note the TV van getting ready to report at sag harbour



then getting ready for Irene, 5 beds, flashlights, candles ( vanilla scented of course), candy and QUILTS


the town was getting ready too


guess who was at the cafe?


then we hunkered down until it was safe to go out, this is the beach the evening after Irene hit

so glad I did my hair nice that day



then the calm returned



here are the girls modeling my first oilcloth creation ( the grey bag with polka dots , has a sky blue silk lining)




and the perfect doggie bag ( mine is on the right, I cant take credit for the spotty one! )









1 comment:

  1. We had such a nice time! THANK YOU IRENE for keeping them here with us longer! wink! We really enjoyed it. Glad your home safe and sound! did Scotland get that irene rain? haha!

    ReplyDelete