Wednesday 29 October 2014

quilt label

Been asked to make a 50th birthday quilt for a friend of a friend.
Friend chose Horizon by Kate Spain which I will use for a double wedding ring lap quilt for a bedroom




Spies have been sent to match the right neutral shade for her room, which turns out to be Kona Snow.
Friend wanted a label, so I found Margo Clabo's instructions for a fabric label printed on your own bubble jet at home. You simply back an A4 piece of fabric with freezer paper, and choose a black and white image and bold the font.

This is how it turned out. I machine washed it and it hasn't disappeared! As you can see I have a few months for this project....




3 comments:

  1. I can hardly wait to see this quilt. Are you going to share the progress as you work or will you wait until its finished?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Horizon is my current favorite fabric line. I can see how it would make a gorgeous double wedding ring quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a generous gift and what generous friends. Thanks too for posting the M. Clabo solution for a fabric label panel. Neat! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete