Saturday 6 February 2016

the splendid sampler and more

Finished my foundation  pieced geese crossing block, cushionised it, love love love the accuracy I can get with foundation piecing.






Couple of ladies are leaving our guild so very happy to contribute a block for each leaving quilt





Aim for 2016 to improve my machine piecing.......have finally worked out I have to have my needle 2 mm to the right for use with my 1/4 foot to actually get 1/4 "seam.

Have signed up to a couple of year long quilt projects to practice my piecing and use up my scraps
Pat Sloan's 'my secret garden', here's January and February's blocks. I aim to use a couple of prints and mostly solids on these blocks, don't really plan them out before, so it  slightly improv as I'm putting it together.


Signed up for the Splendid Sampler, and made a little folding block thingy which has a pocket for your square ruler, and opens to reveal a mini design wall, and  pressing area, sweet.




Also found out how to trim my HSTs properly using a square ruler, zapped on the QR code on the ruler and taken to nice video tutorial on Creative Grids site, brill!. Love it when IT actually helps you, as opposed to work where its always going slow, breaking down or giving you security warnings as you are trying to access work systems!

Today, Ted my schnauzer is looking quite triangular I think.


No comments:

Post a Comment