Friday 26 April 2013

NYC....... FOQ


Just came back from a flying visit to NYC to surprise my Uncle at an honours benefit, and of course to catch up with my Aunt Victoria  who is quilter extraordinaire . She  was working on a great second wedding ring quilt, and also has  her first fabric range for Newcastle fabrics coming out . All very exciting.

Photo shows me posing the swanky NY event.I hand beaded the edge of my green pashmina, never again..........


Walked the highline, a great redevelopment of defunct old railway line, which is now planted up as a linear park, and has art exhibited along the way..brilliant, but boy was it COLD that day!











Walked 24 blocks to buy the best cheesecake in NYC...a lovely individual one about 4" diameter, perfect for a healthy breakfast. Had no cutlery in my hotel room, so just sunk my whole face into it, oh yes.


No time for fabric shopping this trip, but back at halloween for a longer stay

Just booking for festival of quilts today, too much choice............decided to go for introduction to trapunto, hand quilting for beginners, and how to photograph...all things I know next to nothing about.
Also GOT to go to Kaffe's lecture!  Are you going this year?



No comments:

Post a Comment