Friday 5 July 2013

summer time


Got my kaffe fassett quilt back from Debbie the longarm lady, she's basted it for me. I think I will tie the quilt ; I think you won't notice the ties amongst the clash of colours and patterns
I plan to use it on the balcony to keep me warm when the sun goes down, so used a nice puffy polyester batting.

Found a lovely tutorial for a 'no pattern' shell top for summer,

http://thevillagehaberdashery.co.uk/blog/2013/portias-no-pattern-required-summer-top-tutorial 

I made one from some amy  butler fabric I had lying around for a trial run, and very pleased with fit, so will make some more I think




I'll be on the look out for lovely cottons at FOQ

I think the liberty lawns would drape really well for this top

Last but not least...finally been allocated an allotment, take a look.......



scary eh? garden services man took one look and said I needed a combine harvester...so funny ( not )

1 comment:

  1. well.. at some point it WILL be a usable allotment! Good luck x hopefully you will not need the beautiful quilt for a while as it seems to be warming up xx

    ReplyDelete